+17
Future consideration

Tidy up the blog platform

pistoriusbrett 1 year ago in Editor • updated by vlamwelch 4 weeks ago 3

With the rise in more popular blogging templates and platforms, i shoul think that moonfruit need to very much considder a tidy up of their blogging feature.

with a quick look at wp and joomla templates, moonfruit seems so out of date, and out of touch.

There's no archive section headings, past links to posts, and it's all still a script roll which you need to page click through to read each one, with no short cuts.

Please moonfruit, take a look at the competition,try and align your self with them, and then push harder to over take. Make it tidy, functional and 21st century worthy

blog
Future consideration
+1

Just to add, I enquired about this to your technical support and they said to raise as feedback. My issue with this specifically is that my clients are coming onto my blog, they can see the title and the description, but that's it. I want them to be able to comment and engage, but the technician said this is just a feed of my blogs. To me a feed is a few lines of each blog, with clear direction where to read more or comment. But, what you see if the full post, which my customers read and that's it. This is very important so we can continue to engage with our customers.

Thank you.

I agree completely with pistoriusbrett above and am disappointed that, 10 months and 13 likes (to his comment) later, this has still not been improved, but is awaiting "future consideration". I would like to add a blog to at least one of my sites, but the formatting of the blog is so incongruous with the rest of the site that the site looks better without it. It would help if...

1. it were possible to change the font used for the blog text and the same range of fonts were available as for body text/header text on the rest of the site. The reason is that it looks much neater to keep the same font(s) throughout the site, not have a completely different blog font and appearance compared with the rest of the site,

2. It would be good if it were possible to change the size of the font used in both the blog text and the blog header- at present, the header text looks very large, relative to the blog's body text (compare e.g. blogs on wordpress or blogspot),

3. It would be good if it were possible to have a blog without a heading- when you try to do this, you get "Untitled" written in big letters. You can delete this text, but it just reappaears when the blogpost is actually posted. I like to use graphic headers for recurring features (e.g. a blog with a couple of different types of content on it- say "Diary" and "Latest Links", with a little graphic header in each case- i.e. text saying "Diary" for example on a coloured background with a logo and a little graphic and another, consistent one for say "Latest Links"). The way I would do this on one of your competitors' blogs is to leave the header blank (no text would appear there), and then start the blog with a little graphic header as a small embedded image. This kind of customisation is not possible on your blog thing because of the universal giant "Untitled" header that automatically gets inserted.

4. The above are just 3 examples of little tweaks that could be made, I am including them to give specifics, as an example, but pistoriusbrett is absolutely right, compared with the competition, the blog element to Moonfruit websites is very poor. Please improve this. Thank you.